Bourgue inspired by Muhammad Ali at French Open

PARIS (AP) — A video of Muhammad Ali fired up French wild-card entry Mathias Bourgue before he took on Andy Murray at the French Open. The 22-year-old French player ranked 164th led 2-1 in sets before bowing out 6-2, 2-6, 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 on Wednesday. He said his coach Olivier Malcor made him watch footage featuring Ali just before entering the Philippe Chatrier court. "And he said, "When I box, I want to box in front of a big crowd'," Bourgue told a press conference. "It was very emotional. I think I entered the court with the right mindset. Even if I was a bit tense in the first set. I felt good." ___ 8:00 p.m. Milos Raonic faced little resistance as he posted a 50th Grand Slam match win on Wednesday at the French Open. The eighth-seeded Canadian advanced to the third round for the fourth time on the Parisian red clay with a clinical 6-1, 7-6 (0), 6-1 win over 58th-ranked Frenchman Adrian Mannarino. Raonic did not face a single break point and made only 17 unforced errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment