Stuart Law named as new cricket coach

Former Australia batsman Stuart Law has been appointed the new head coach of the Bangladesh national cricket team for two years, the Bangladesh Cricket Board said at a press conference on Monday.

The 42-year-old Queenslander, who is currently working as the interim-coach of Sri Lanka, will begin his stint with the Tigers with the tour of Zimbabwe in July-August.

Law replaced compatriot Jamie Siddons, who was shown the door by the BCB in April after a disappointing World Cup performance.

'He has agreed terms for a two-year contract

with the BCB and is expected to join the squad ahead of the series against Zimbabwe,' chairman, media committee of the BCB Jalal Younus told the press conference.

Law said he was relishing the challenge of working with the youthful and talented Tigers squad.

'I'm really excited by this opportunity the BCB

has presented me with.  It's a great honour,' a BCB statement quoted him as saying.

'To leave Sri Lanka Cricket is not a decision that was taken lightly.

My time with them has been a most enjoyable journey and I'd really like to thank everyone involved there for their support,' he said. 

'A new challenge awaits me now in Dhaka, which I believe I'm ready for.  To coach a national side I think is any coach's goal, so to get the opportunity to work with what I think is a very talented bunch of cricketers is particularly exciting.'

'I look forward to the times ahead and taking Bangladesh to the next level,' he said.

Source : New Age

No comments:

Post a Comment