Taslima unwanted in Nepal

Bangladesh born feminist writer Taslima Nasreen now lives in exile in India is unwanted in Nepal because of hurting the sentiment of the Nepalese by saying that he thought Nepal is part of India, reports Nepal News.

Taslima could not fly to Kathmandu Saturday because she did not carry her passport thinking 'Nepal was part of India'. She was stopped at the New Delhi airport.

She was invited as a special guest to the Nepal Literary Festival organised by Bookworm Trust. After she missed the flight Taslima wrote a message on Twitter, 'My Nepali friends, I missed my flight to go to Kathmandu Saturday. I forgot to bring my passport as I did not consider Nepal a foreign country', reports Nepal News.

Annoyed and displeased, organisers of the literary festival have decided not to call Taslima keeping in view the sharp reaction of the people on her Twitter comments Saturday.

Source : New Age

No comments:

Post a Comment